Rules of Entry & Instructions
1. All applications must be submitted on-line. Applications received by post cannot be accepted.
2. Answer all questions honestly and to the best of your ability.
3. We will be unable to reply to all applicants individually.
You will only hear from us if you have been invited to an audition.
4. Please ensure you read, fully understand and meet the eligibility requirements before applying to be a contestant on MasterChef Series 11, Australia (“Program”). The rules of entry are at the end of this form.
5. Please attach a Digital Photograph of yourself to your application.
6. Please attach up to three Digital Photographs of dishes you have cooked recently.
7. VIDEO: You may also upload a 2-3 minute video of yourself displaying your skills in the kitchen as well as introducing to us who you are and what food/cooking means to you. While desirable this is not mandatory.
8. You must be aged 18 years or above on 30th October 2018.
9. You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
10. You cannot have any formal tertiary or other professional catering qualifications acquired in the last 10 years.
11. All MasterChef contestants must be amateurs, if you have previous professional or semi-professional kitchen experience that the producers of MasterChef deem could create an unfair advantage (at their entire discretion), you will not be eligible. As a non-exhaustive guide for professional or semi-professional activity that would preclude participation as a contestant on MasterChef, including but not limited to the following examples: -
a) If you have ever worked full-time in a kitchen, as a cook, chef or in food preparation;
b) If you have earned money or payment of any kind from preparing food and/or cooking fresh food in a professional kitchen environment i.e. restaurant, café, take-away etc. in a full time, part time, casual or contract role for a total of more than six weeks in the last 15 years;
c) If you have taught cooking classes or have done cooking demonstrations or food preparation in any capacity whether it is on a casual, part time, full time or contract basis in the last 15 years; You will not be eligible.
But, if you have worked in (i) food service (as distinct from food preparation) in restaurants or (ii) food service coupled with very basic food preparation such as making sandwiches or working in so called ‘fast food’ restaurants or (iii) made and sold products at local markets or for family and friends, (provided that this in an amateur and not a professional pursuit and is not your primary source of income) this will generally not be considered professional or semi-professional food preparation experience that would exclude you from participation.
12. Your main source of income cannot come from preparing and cooking fresh food in a professional environment (e.g. restaurant, hotels, canteens etc).
13. You must be able to commit to all the filming days required. The filming is scheduled to take place between approximately October / November 2018 and May 2019 (as such dates may be varied by the Producer) for approximately 30 weeks with a break over Christmas and New Year.
14. You cannot be, or be closely related to, a member of any of the staff or employees of Endemol Shine Australia Pty Ltd (“Producer”) or Network Ten or any company related to either of them.
15. You cannot have been arrested or charged in connection with, or convicted of, any serious crime.
16. Submission of an application form and compliance with the above terms does not in any way constitute an offer to appear on the Program.
17. The Producer may (or may not) invite you to attend an audition at their discretion. When selecting applicants for MasterChef, the following issues will be taken into account: skill, enthusiasm, drive, love of food, desire to change your life.
18. The Producer's decisions regarding selection of applicants and contestants for the Program is final.